This is a playlist tool for Reddit which allows you to listen to subreddits. Select a subreddit where people post links to YouTube
or Soundcloud, and it will try to play them all for you. Once it has started playing, all
you have to do is let it go!
storing it locally. This way the links returned should always be up to date and not depend
on the performance of my server (and I don't have to worry about databases and all that
messy stuff) ;-)
Requests and feedback
There's still a lot of stuff that can and will be done, so please let me know if you have
any specific feature requests. I won't guarantee that it will make it in to Reddit Playlister,
but I'm keen to hear all you have.
- 2012/04/19 - Added postrock, electrohouse, techno, minimaltech, and tech_house to the dropdown.
- 2012/04/15 - Added EcouteCa, icm, ipm, funkhouse, nerdcore, and brostep to the subreddit list.
- RPlaylister is out for Android!
- 2012/04/09 - Added grime and SpaceMusic to the subreddit list.
- 2012/04/04 - Added happyhardcore to the subreddit list.
- 2012/03/27 - Added NeuroFunk to the subreddit list.
- 2012/03/14 - Added jumpup, minimal, mlptunes, nudisco and queercore to the subreddit dropdown
- 2012/02/27 - Added purplemusic, glitch, and glitchop.
- 2011/10/16 - Added support for self posts with YouTube/Soundcloud links
- 2011/10/10 - Added clippy to copy URL
- 2011/10/07 - Added proghouse to the subreddit dropdown
- 2011/10/06 - Added dub and reggae to the subreddit dropdown
- 2011/10/05 - Added link for the current subreddits in RP at the end of the page (for sharing)
- 2011/10/05 - Added liquiddnb and melodicmetal to the subreddit dropdown
- 2011/09/26 - Added realdubstep to the subreddit dropdown
- 2011/09/21 - Added ASMR and Frisson to the subreddit dropdown
- 2011/09 - Patched a new error with embedded YouTube links, resulting in looping until another YouTube link was played
- 2011/08/19 - Added ability to link directly to subreddits; eg http://redditplayer.phoenixforgotten.com/?r=dnb
- 2010/12/10 - Now shouldn't double up tracks; Can now select hot/top/controversial (new might not be allowed via JSONP); Added a couple subreddits to the list
- 2010/11/19 - Removed the need for YQL
- 2010/11/17 - Added shuffle function
- 2010/11/17 - Re-added ability to change subreddits on the fly
- 2010/11/15 - Added volume and subreddits to saved options
- 2010/11/15 - Added Soundcloud title fetching (for group style items)
- 2010/11/10 - Extended multiple subreddit support
- 2010/11/07 - Added basic multiple subreddit support
- 2010/11/04 - Added "hide" button for items, small UI update
- 2010/11/02 - Improved event handling for playlist items
- 2010/11/02 - Rudimentary support for Soundcloud playlists/groups
- 2010/11/02 - Saves options via cookies
- 2010/10/24 - Layout and functionality tweaks
- 2010/10/23 - Layout tweaks
- 2010/10/23 - Added layout feature detection to try and get better visual performance off the bat
- 2010/10/22 - All functionality now available in IE (not thoroughly tested)
- 2010/10/19 - Tested in Opera
empty current playlist